This made my month!

Monday, June 26, 2023

 Story time!

Yesterday I got a package in the mail. From FRANCE.
It was a full book about the Guermantes castle 🏰.
It was published in 1961, and some of the pages aren't even cut! Along the top mostly, bit some of the sides are also not cut. So crazy.
BUT the really exciting part was the photos.
There are new ones of staircases and bedrooms that aren't online.
There are photos of Ernestine’s grandpa.
And father.
And mother.
And younger brother.
I have TWO photos of Albertine. Her older sister that plays a prominent role in the novel.
And I about had a seizure when I saw...
A.
Photo.
Of.
Ernestine.
Herself.
She is an old woman in this photo, but I may or may not have cried.
This. Woman.
Who was key to us having a diagnosis for Tourette syndrome.
Who lived through SEVEN different forms of French government.
Who swore like a sailor as a woman of the noble class.
And I have possibly the only photo of her. I can't find another anywhere, despite years of searching.
This woman who has been as much of an angel to me as my own brothers.
OK, I definitely cried.  

Here are photos I took of Em and her sister Albertine.

They are found in a book called:

Guermantes de Louis XIII à nos jours

by VERNES Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor