How is August already come and gone? The past few weeks have been VERY full and there has been some awesome progress made in the business plan I am writing. Except that it is no longer for the publishing house. I had a different idea form and have gotten some great feedback in my initial research. This new project feels SO right and is moving so quickly and I will officially share the idea soon!
In other news, there have been some great opportunities popping up, one specifically that I am really excited about that involves a scholarship that I applied for. I won't know if I got it for a few months, so I am hesitant to share that as well. Partially because if I do get it, I won't be able to shut up about it for months. So I am really thinking of you and trying not to make you sick of me.
Lastly, there has been great progress made on one of my writing projects. In fact, I'm working towards building a Kickstarter campaign to help fund it. However, I need photos from the wife of a Vietnam vet and we are having some tech challenges, so it may not happen quickly either. But at least the story is finally getting some good work on it.
The author is Vietnam veteran James Richardson Stewart (not to be confused with actor Jimmy Stewart). Jim typed his story of the war on a typewriter, so there are currently only two physical copies in existence. I have one that he gave me when I met him, just a week or so before he passed away. He was a sweet man and I feel so honored that he trusted me with this project.
First things first, I have to make a digital copy. Which I am working on as his wife prepares photos so we can fund editors and other needed expenses to cover the cost of the book.
But it is so exciting to see things finally moving forward!





No comments:
Post a Comment