Jealous Much?

Monday, August 29, 2016

This is an important post. Especially for those that have Tourette Syndrome. I had a friend of mine tell me she is sometimes jealous of my TS. And she was serious. She is also not the first person to tell me this. My friend Carlos also told me the same thing once. Jenna told me how much she loved sitting by new people in church, especially when Paula came around. She, like me, gets a kick out of watching them twist around, trying to figure out where the noise came from and why no one is reacting.

Here's the thing, when people are on the outside looking in, they only see the good things. Especially when this comes from people that love us. Sure, they don't always see the struggles that come with having TS. However, the funny thing is, we often don't see the good in ourselves either. Not only do we want to be skinner, more muscular, more graceful and so on... but we also think we need to get rid of anything not "normal" and any "bad" traits we have. It frustrates me. I love being around people and getting the positive affirmation of kind, supportive, caring and intelligent people. It's hard not to feel proud of Paula when people like Jenna can admire it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor