Paula Turns Shy?

Monday, October 10, 2016

The longer I have Tourette Syndrome, the more it tends to grow up an awful lot like a child. Paula is getting ready to turn about 14. I wish I could remember the actual date I started and throw her a birthday party. Maybe then she wouldn't be so bratty. It's kind of funny, she even seems to be going through that phase that girls tend to go through during that time (at least I did) where the self confidence wavers.

Lately I have noticed Paula become more defensive. People laugh at her antics, and she has started snapping back. Rather than laughing with them, she has started saying, "Hey!" and "What?" My poor little Paula is getting self-conscious! Part of me feels like a concerned parent, wondering what happened to my noisy little Paula. Then she kicks my shoulder and I say, "Oh there she is." Apparently the physical tics want a turn in the spotlight. Maybe she is not so shy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor