Paula is Adaptable

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Oh my Paula. She does well with change. I don't. It helps having her around though. If I am wanting a specific change, it's not so bad, but sometimes even slight differences can make me absolutely crazy if I am not prepared for them. I like my routine and I'm awkward enough as it is (which is wonderful, I do love awkward) without any kind of interruption of that rhythm. I like being efficient. Don't get in the way of my rhythm. Here comes the random Disney quote:
"He threw off my groove!' 'I'm sorry, you've thrown off the Emperor's groove.' 'Sooooorrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Working for a little start up company means there is a lot of this. Every once in a while, once things finally start to get settled, it seems they like to toss all the pieces up in the air and go, "WHEEEEE!" and play musical chairs in the office. Moving days are fun. The first week is the adjustment period, which we just did this past week. All week long, Paula has enjoyed the move and has been quite noisy. All week long, thanks to sitting by new teams and new people, I have heard giggles all week long. It makes the change a little easier to know Paula is spreading a little joy around the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor