Reader's Escape Update

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Hello dear friends!

Good news, things are finally happening. All the circles and feeling stuck has finally started to shift. I am car shopping and have just 75 days before the reading retreat happens. 

I want to have a full retreat, and I have just 3 spots left to fill. 

Hosting these has been such a learning curve. They started small, but are continuously growing. It's the same thing that I mentioned in my last post. I may feel like I'm going in circles, but there is little bitty steps being made.

My first Reader's Escape had a grand total of 5 people (counting me and the cook). I lost quite a bit of money on it, but loved it. 

The second one I just barely broke even.

Now that I have finally learned some very important lessons, I am actually making a profit and can completely spoil those who are coming.

With any luck, next year I will fill up quickly enough that I have to book a bigger house. There are some luxurious places that can sleep 30 that I would love to use once I can fill it. Right now I have a total of 9 coming, but maybe in the next year or two.

I've had feedback that some people would love to come to Wyoming, so I'll be looking around my own home to see what I can find for next year.

I think that might be another perk of having to push back my release date for my novel. I can focus on perfecting this experience. Once it is done for the year, I can focus on really perfecting my launch for Madamn. 

There are times I still feel like I'm going in circles, but wow, sometimes I'm amazed at the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor