The Fear of New Things

Friday, July 28, 2023

 Whoops. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Do you ever plan a trip and get everything packed and ready to go, then the trip gets delayed by 4 days, so everything is just at a standstill and nothing gets unpacked and used unless it's necessary? Just me? Cool.

Anyways, that happened. 

But also, I have something new I'm doing and I'm super excited to share about it. I may just be behind on it, I don't think it's a new thing, but it's new to me.

I've joined a Writer's Circle!

There are 4-5 of us that share bits of our writing and give feedback. We have only had one meeting and I hadn't sent any pages, but these women are so awesome. They have so much knowledge and experience in the storytelling industry in various roles. 

I gave a brief introduction and explanation of Madamn and they are already so excited about this project. I love how quickly people get behind how exciting this project is. 

At the same time, it's incredibly intimidating. People are so excited about it, and I want to live up to those expectations and they hype that is already out there. It's very easy for me to get discouraged and I have more than once considered simply walking away.

It's terrifying. 

I know this is a good idea. I know it has so much potential and possibility. 

And if it fails, I know that it is 100% on me. No pressure.

My husband and I had a long talk about this yesterday actually. It was one of those times that I questioned if the manuscript was even salvageable and considered, yet again, simply walking away. 

But good news, today is not that day. I send my pages into my writing group today and we meet Monday nights over zoom to discuss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor