Research Findings!

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Today I learned the difference between a family crest and a coat of arms. 

One would think this would be common sense for someone who loves history as much as I do, but don't judge me. There are so many details that it is easy to get lost in the different time periods and locations.

My husband and I were having a conversation about this last night. In all of my schooling, I think most history classes ended with WWII, maybe shortly after, providing a brief touch on the Vietnam war. But it was always rushed at the end of the semester. 

But oh, the history of so many foreign places and the many, many details that are easily glossed over... but I digress. 

In my research for Madamn, I was searching for her coat of arms. Surely a family such as hers would have one. 

Aaaand I found two. Or so I thought. Turns out, both websites had sources to verify their information, I was getting confused by not distinguishing the family crest from the coat of arms. 

So if you are like me and not sure the difference, a family crest is a much more simple design that is often found within the family coat of arms. 

Again, both websites were able to provide sources and verify these images as belonging to the Prondre family, so while the design doesn't seem to match perfectly, I can absolutely see it. 

Prondre Family Crest
Prondre Family Coat of Arms


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor