Bonus Post! Paula's a Jerk

Thursday, February 8, 2024

I know I usually post on Saturdays, but today Paula was a bit of a jerk, but it was also kind of funny and I had to share. 

Today at work, a couple of ladies that I work with where talking about a customer. While one of them (we'll call her V) was at lunch, the customer was shocked to learn that V is retiring in April. They even went so far as to say, "But she's younger than I am and I'm not retiring! She's younger than YOU and YOU aren't retiring!"

This was said to another coworker (we'll call her J), who is retiring next year because she is, in fact, a year younger than V. 

So as J and V were discussing this conversation, J says to V, "It's because you have less wrinkles than I do..."

At which point, Paula jumps in with her "laughing" tic. Luckily, neither J nor V heard this outburst over their own conversation, but the entire group of ladies that I work with turned to me with wide eyes and open mouths.

My own eyes bulged as I turned deep red, covering my mouth as soon as I realized what was being implied. I was so embarrassed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor