It's Been Too Long

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Hey there friends. Sorry I missed last week, I was taking care of my parents last week. At the time, they were both on knee scooters due to foot issues. 

Dad just got cleared to start walking again and Mom is doing well after her surgery last week. 

Then I came home from this week long "vacation" and jumped right into work, before getting so sick I couldn't function. 

So it feels like forever since I have written, well, anything to tell the truth.

Not even in my journal.

Which is horrible.

It's been interesting to kind of watch myself these past few weeks, even before my time off. I've noticed that I don't have as much to say when I do journal. Least of all anything worthwhile. 

It used to be I would journal for hours every day and have some of the most interesting ideas and thoughts come into my brain.

Now it just feels full of cobwebs and muddled at best. 

Working full time is changing me, and I fear not in a way I want to be changed. It's taking real effort to make myself come down to my office to get any work done at all. 

I'm starting to feel... lost. Overwhelmed? Maybe more like disoriented. I'm not sure.

I just know that I don't like it. 

I want things to be simple and clear again. Which isn't going to be easy. 

Luckily, I have the world's best husband who is supportive and knows when to worry about me and what I'm doing to my own mental health. 

We both took some big steps today towards taking care of our mental health. He has his own things he needed support in, too. So here I finally am, writing at 7 pm so that I can get my writing in today. I'll be back to full strength before you know it!

Watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor