Life Lesson This Morning

Monday, April 17, 2023

 Today when I got to my office before I started working, I did a bit of study time. I love studying and learning various topics and often study from both my scriptures and another nonfiction book that can vary. 

Sometimes they seem to overlap. Today both books taught me a pretty powerful lesson in humility. 

I grew up fiercely independent and proud of how much I am able to accomplish and do in my day-to-day life. And sometimes I am stressed and overwhelmed at how I am going to accomplish everything. 

Apparently, I tend to bite of more than I can chew. At the same time, I always manage to complete all the important tasks and eventually recognize I was making mountains out of a few molehills. 

I find myself fortunate to believe in a higher power. Even more wonderful, that higher power is a being that I can trust and depend on.

Whether I have too much to handle on my own, or things aren't going my way, or a myriad of other things, I can take a step back. I can take a deep breath. 

Then I can continue working while trusting that everything will work out for the best, whatever that means and whatever that looks like. 

It feels kind of vague, but the point is that I need to be a bit more humble. The more I stress over meeting a deadline, making payments on time, or whatever else life throws at me, the less faith and trust I show in God. 

It's kind of a prideful act, thinking that we have to do everything ourselves and we are depending entirely on our own power to accomplish these great feats.

But the more I look back on my life, the more I realize that every big accomplishment came with help. Whether by divine intervention, or angels who are willing to help and support me. (Angels being both living people like friends and family, as well as invisible servants of God.)

I'm not really doing justice to how profound this experience was for me, but it was a good exercise in trying to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor