Back At It

Monday, October 23, 2023

 Ok, so crazy story.

When I first graduated from college, I looked all over to find a full time job and enter the workforce. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go and work!

But the only jobs I could find were part time. If they were hiring at all. It took me a while to finally break into the working world.

What I find funny is now that I run my own business and want a part time job to supplement my income, there are lots of people hiring, but only full time. And that's almost a non-negotiable because they are short staffed. 

I was talking with my neighbor yesterday and the company she works for is only hiring full time because she is working 12 hr shifts. Her coworker was just about to finish 24 hours of working.

Which shocked me, I would have thought that was illegal, pulling 2 12 hr shifts back to back like that.

But that's not a company I want to work for.

It's crazy how much times have changed. I'm not sure what it would look like for me to go back to work full time again. I haven't done that since 2020. I feel very fortunate that I haven't had to. 

It does make me wonder if I could do more with my own business. I would love to do it full time if I felt I could make a living off it. 

I'm just not sure I'm there yet.

Part of that is likely my own insecurity and shying away from the actual sales part that would bring me the income. 

So I'll keep at it while I'm job hunting and see what I can manage. 

BUT if you feel like supporting, remember that I do have 4 published books you can purchase, as well as an online course for Creativity. 

All are available on my website: paulajeanferri.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor