Time Is A Funny Thing

Friday, October 27, 2023

Timing is a funny thing, don't you think? 

Remember how just a few days ago I was upset because I had been let go from a job?

Turns out, I now have a job offer. 

It's been ONE WEEK. I'm actually kind of impressed. 

During my interview yesterday, I was told they would want another week or two to continue to interview applicants and make a selection. Then I got a call this morning from them offering me the position. 

I was shocked to say the least.

Everything happened so very fast. It's almost like it was meant to be in a lot of ways. This job is going to be a much better fit for me, something I might even be willing to do long term because the benefits are simply awesome. Better than any job I've ever had (and trust me, I've had a few).

But what is really sending me is the timing. This job that is such a great fit was not available 2 months ago when I was looking for a job. Finances had been so very tight and my husband and I needed the extra income. 

I was able to get some extra income, then was let go at the exact time that this position was available.

I'm a bit nervous about it since it is a full-time position. I haven't had one of those in several years. But I did write books 1, 2, and 3 while working full time, so it should be ok, right?

I wonder if it will be ready in time or if I will have to delay again. It's hard to say, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I might have to go down to just one blog post per week. I've been doing really well with multiple, but that was part time. I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor