Goings On

Saturday, May 25, 2024

So Paula is up to new tricks these days. I have a new trio of sounds that make it sound like I'm opening a can of soda. BUT as a result, my boss has been asking more questions and has even talked to corporate about me.

Apparently there is a monthly meeting for diversity and inclusion. I'll get to speak next month about Tourette syndrome and I'm so excited about it. I love public speaking. 

Some other fun updates, I've been able to spend this Memorial Day weekend with my family in southern Utah. It's been so good and so needed. My grandpa hasn't been doing well and I love being able to spend some extra time with him. 

Madamn is still a work in progress, but I've decided that I will be finished by the end of the year. Meaning I've hired a developmental editor to help me make more (and faster) progress. From there I'll be able to spend an entire 8 months working solely on promotion. 

I'm considering running a Kickstarter campaign and writing a short novella about Em's mother. She has a great story and I'm amazed at how many in my writing group are connecting with her as a parent and having no idea what to do with a child with an unnamed disorder. I'm loving it.

They are also really loving the character that is Paganini. He was a character indeed. As a world-famous violinist who was reported to have sold his soul to the devil for his talent, he would have gotten along very well with our "possessed" heroine.

I'm up this week in my writing circle, so Imma go do some actual writing now, but I hope you have a marvelous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor