Balancing Acts and Juggling Plates

Saturday, June 8, 2024

I have a problem y'all. I have a tendency to get excited about things. Lots of things. Usually all at the same time. Then I feel myself getting stretched thin and have to become a bit of a recluse to follow through on commitments I've made and clear some of my bandwidth.

I was noticing last night that I have a lot going on right now. 

So much that things are getting forgotten and falling off to the side. Which is a shame because I was so excited about them when things first started. And I still want to do them, I just have to clean things up a bit. 

I mean that both physically and metaphorically. 

I had to move out of my cute office space that I loved so much (the building sold), so my office is currently in  boxes around my living room and in my car. 

There are so many exciting projects I want to do for my own business.

I'm beginning to realize that while I can say yes to all of these amazing things, they can't all be done and completed right now.

I have this awesome ability to see the end and love soaking up the rewards of a job well done.

Work is fun. I'm lucky like that.

However, there is the process of the actual work and the time it takes to complete a project. That is the part I forget at times.

When I get asked about a project or have an idea, I'm pretty good at stopping myself and saying, Is this something I want or something I want to do?

The hang up is that I'm always picturing the end result, and yes, I want those rewards and payouts. But it often leaves me juggling a lot of plates simultaneously.

Luckily, I have done this so often in my life that I've developed a bit of a talent for it. And apparently I love to stretch myself, so I keep adding more plates.

But there always comes a time when I get overwhelmed and drop a few plates as I'm scurrying to keep up. Guess where I'm at right now?

So for the next few days and/or weeks, I'll be simply trying to tie up loose ends and pull things off the spinning plates.

I'm needing closure and finishing energy if I want to keep moving forward without having a full meltdown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor