Plant Life

Friday, August 18, 2023

There has been an interesting change happening in my life the past year as I have focused more on Madamn.

I have suddenly become obsessed with plants, especially flowering plants. 💐

What is even more fascinating to me is hearing stories of my great grandmother was quite brilliant with flowers.

Not only did she have flowers growing on all 4 sides of her house at least a foot deep, but she even managed to have flowers (I think it was irises?) that grew in the cracks in the sidewalk.

I grew up thinking I was terrible with plants, but I really just didn't know anything about them.

Between channeling great grandma and Ernestine and Theo's guidance and instruction as I have worked on this novel, plants are suddenly finding me.

Yesterday I was given 2 large ones from a friend and a mug full of herbs I can use or try to plant and grow.

Isn't it amazing how much a person can grow from the influence of others, even across the decades?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor