Exciting Updates

Monday, August 7, 2023

 It feels like it has been forever since I have had this much energy and excitement about how things are going in my business and in life in general. 

Exciting news #1:

I bought a business! Ok, not exactly. I did not acquire the name or website or anything. 

At my Reader's Escape, I have an optional journal making activity and a friend of mine ran a business where I could buy the kits with everything needed to make these journals.

She is currently bowing out of the business game and I bought all her materials and acquired the pieces of the kit that I now get to assemble. 

But it still makes me feel powerful buying all the stock of a company.

Exciting news #2:

I had an idea this morning that I'm really excited about. 

I've been publishing under the pen name Paula Jean Ferri, right? I've built a business around this name and this brand, even though I'm now going to start using the name J.S. Baehr for publishing my current books. However, I don't want to restart from scratch when I have things running under this business name.

So Paula Jean Ferri is now shifting to the name of the publishing house that I publish under. I can work with other authors who want to publish as well. Kind of like publishing houses like Hay House or Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, etc. 

It is still the name I will publish nonfiction under. I think I have one or two more of those I want to write as well. 

BUT, as I was thinking about the brand of Paula Jean Ferri and a publishing house... I realized that it doesn't have to just be books that I publish. 

Who says that I can't also sell art pieces?

No one, that's who!

I've spent this morning chatting with a friend of mine about selling her artwork for her. I'll put it on my website. I'll direct traffic and sales and get a small commission. 

This friend has talked for YEARS about selling her artwork, but her life just tends to have too much going on.

So I'll do it for her. Because she is an amazing artist and deserves recognition for all her hard work. 

Y'all, the vision I have in my head for this publishing company is huge. It's terrifying.

But that also makes it so incredibly thrilling.

I LOVE being able to support my friends like this and I love feeling like I have the business savvy to fill a need of some incredibly talented people.

It's going to be so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor