Twists & Turns

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Plans change and life takes a lot of twists and unexpected turns.

I never deleted the countdown I made on my phone for the release of Madamn. Originally the plan was to release it this week.
And I am just not there yet.
But I really want to release this book on Ernestine’s birthday. Meaning it will be another year before it is published.
Just think of how amazing it is going to be with a full year to really focus on the quality of the book, not to mention how much time I have to gather momentum for the release.
The future brings me so much excitement that I wake up every morning ready to greet the sun and get to work.
This book has been 7 years in the making.
No, I haven't been writing it that long, specifically, but I have written and published and learned and connected and studied...

That's 4 other books, thousands of dollars worth of education and study, countless hours spent, and probably billions of words written at this point. Between my blog, journal, books, edits, and rewrites, it may even be trillions.
And now it is all coming together so beautifully.

Most people don't know what it takes to write and publish a book. Quite likely because it takes a lot of time and effort that you have to be really committed to give.

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into with that first little book of mine. Luckily, I had most of it completed in college (it was originally a college research paper that I presented to my professors). I got a lot of feedback and support on it.

After that, I got hooked. Addicted. I'm kind of a junkie for the rush of publishing my books. It takes an awful lot of work to get to that point, but I NEED it. I LOVE it.

Which is another reason why I'm so bummed that I had to put this off. But I also know this book is going to be bigger than I could have imagined. This book is going to change my life.

Since I want it to change for the better, I need to make sure I'm putting all the good stuff in.

Garbage in, Garbage out, right? Meaning the inverse is also true.

This book is going to be amazing and I'm so excited for the world to love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor