Capacity

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Story time.
Life is at an interesting point right now. I have been slowly growing the amount of things on my plate.
I start a new job next week, I have the Reader's Escape, Madamn, a blog that I'm trying to update more often, I took a gig writing some copy, another doing some virtual assistant work, plus another project I'm working on and not ready to talk about yet.
That's just work. Then I have an apartment to keep clean, dinners to make, and a husband to take care of. Oh, and a choir to lead, a Christmas program to put together, and other church duties.
Yesterday I hit a moment where I felt beyond capacity.
I was running in circles and nothing was getting completed. Not to mention the tension led to all sorts of residual pain from being in two car accidents just this year.
But you know what?
I love it. All of it.
For the first time in MONTHS I have felt like myself again. Keep in mind that is not on days like yesterday. There needs to be some form of organization so I know what to tackle first.
But I love being so involved in projects that help others and that in some small way make the world a better place.
It can be such a delicate balance though.
I have been so frustrated the past few months feeling like I didn't have much purpose or real motivation.
Now that I have an over-abundance of that, I have to make sure I have time to slow down.
Which is why this bed is calling my name at the Reader's Escape. I'll be there in just 3 short weeks.
Booking closes today, I'd love to have you join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor