Testing, Testing, 1-2-3!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I don't think I ever realized just how lucky I was to have Paula show up later in life, rather than at a young age. I don't think I ever realized just how much of a pain required paperwork can be. It wasn't relevant in elementary school, middle school or even high school for me. College made it a breeze at the testing center. But trying to take a test when I am no longer in college? Pain. In. The. Rear.

I hate paperwork. It is a one big reason I didn't finish my degree in Social Work! Even worse than paperwork is the idea of sitting in a room full or nervous people who would not appreciate any kind of distraction and I am unable to explain away all the dirty looks. Had that once before. Not willing to do that again. It gave me so much anxiety the first time that I up and left the test unfinished. I don't get that kind of anxiety often and that alone is a bad enough experience!

In order to take this test, I have to fill out a form and fax it in. Then I wait 4 days to make a phone call, where they tell me right off the bat I have to leave a voicemail, and someone will call me back within 48 hrs. It took them about a week to even send me that information in the first place! Awesome. It's hard enough to take this test, does it really have to be so difficult? Which is why I am now writing this article, rather than getting the paperwork taken care of and studying my eyes out. I am in serious need of some encouragement. Anyone else have a nightmare trying to accomplish some kind of test or project? Remind me it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor