Personal Favorite!

Monday, July 11, 2011

So this story is one that is often revisited in my memory. One of the greatest reactions I have ever received to my Tourette's was from my dear friend Cassandra*. A friend of mine was having a birthday, and it was held at Cassie's house. During the festivities, a group of us were chatting and getting to know one another better. We had been discussing pet peeves. Cassie was explaining her dislike of girls that would scream over random little things. In the middle of her explanation, I happened to let a squeal. She looked at me and said, "You will not do that in my house again." I was a little slow, not realizing the timing and connecting it to what she had been saying, so I just got a confused look on my face. The birthday boy piped in and said,"Yes, she probably will." Cassie retorted with, "She will not be allowed in my house if she does that again." I got over my initial shock and was able to ask, "I'm really not allowed in your house?" "Not if you plan on screaming like that." Again, the birthday boy spoke up, "Cassie, you know she can't control that. She has Tourette's." Cassie's face suddenly changed to a look of shock and horror and embarrassment. She started to stammer an apology, and I couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face! It was a bonding moment, Cassie and I have become good friends since that day, and for the record, I do go to her house often and still "scream" every once in a while, but I must be irresistible or something, because I'm still allowed in. I must be irresistible, and I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor