Game Time!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

We all know Paula to be rather playful. I just don't think I ever knew she was such a fan of games, nor that she played them so well...

The other day I had an opportunity to do some service at the Utah chapter's Make A Wish Foundation Building. Afterwards, we were given a tour and were told about the Make A Wish process from beginning to end. Cool opportunity, right?

Here in Utah, in order to find the child's truest wish, there is a board game that the whole family gets to play. There is no winner or loser, and it's no race. It's an interesting sort of game, but I didn't exactly get to read the rule book. But I do remember being shown the cards that get drawn where each member of the family has to participate and gets to learn things about each other. The card that was read as an example was something along the lines of make an animal noise.

Paula does that quite well and gave off a bird cry. After a few giggles from the rest of the group, I asked innocently, "Who's next?' I think we should have continued to play, but there was a lot more to see before we had to leave.

And I may or may not have shed a few tears. I might have to start volunteering some time there... you know, for research or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor