September and Spanish

Thursday, September 15, 2011

September has always been my favorite month. Good things happen to me in September. For one, school starts. I love school. Especially the first day. I always get at least one good story with all the new people I meet. :D I think this year's story requires some back story... Last year in September I started taking Spanish 321, a grammar and composition class. I have never taken a Spanish class before, so I had to talk to the professor to get in. As I was talking with him, my Tourette's came up, and he asked what he should do when I do it in class. I told him that it's no big deal, he can just keep teaching. Well, I had no idea the reaction my fellow students would have in said Spanish class. The first one, got some confused looks, but Hermano Richardson kept teaching, as I had said was fine to do. He kept teaching through the second one as well. However, the third time I did it, the class was starting to wonder what was going on and if I had some sort of problem, and no one was really listening to the professor, so he stopped and said, "Jessica, maybe you had better explain what is going on to the class." I then proceeded to tell them that there was no emergency, I was ok, and what was going on with the funny noises. That was fun, I don't stop a class very often!

This year, I have to retake that Spanish grammar class. My Spanish is that bad... don't judge. ;) Anywho, this year, Hermano Richardson knew what was coming. He was writing on the board when I let out my first squeal, and without batting an eyelash, he continued writing on the board as he said, "Jessica, would you like to explain to the class?" I explained that I had Tourette's, and he asked how many people knew what it was. When no one did, I went in to a bit more detail of what was going on. The second and third time, the class continued without interruption, but with a few entertained looks from a few students that made me smile. I love the first day of school. I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor