Just Jess

Monday, January 23, 2017

Paula hasn't been as much of a trouble maker as she usually is, but her absence doesn't mean she is far away. Even without her antics, she manages to make me think. She will show up once in a while. It's not always a fantastic story; it's not always funny or amusing, but still it is an appearance.

I was thinking about those moments, though. It's nothing new. I mean, this is my life. Paula shows up WAY more often than I blog about. The thing is, sometimes, she doesn't even get a reaction anymore. This week at church, during the most silent part of the meeting, she went off. She was nice and loud, too. This time it was different though. There were no giggles. There were no confused looks. There were no whispers of explanation.

There was just... me. And it was beautiful.

I just felt so overwhelmed with this peaceful feeling. I don't need the giggles, though I enjoy it. I don't have access to what others are thinking. All I have is what is in my head and how I feel about it.

I am happy to report that it was a very positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor