Independence Day

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

So you all know that I'm the type of person that likes to celebrate. I love holidays and will find any excuse to be with people I love. However, I'm finding that this particular holiday, like New Year's, is a solitary holiday for me. It's just so multi-tiered and there are so many things to celebrate.

Sure, it's what we call "America's birthday." I am eternally grateful for the great men who founded this country. No, they weren't perfect, but they put a lot of work into creating a plan that stands as strong as the people behind it. Which on occasion creates a reason for worry. I was born and raised in this beautiful country and its history, thick with stories both tragic and victorious. It's unique. I'm kind of a sucker for

I also have a glorious opportunity to celebrate my own Independence. yesterday I read through a journal depicting the worst summer of my life. Looking at how much I have grown and changed over the years astounded me. The chains that bound me that summer and continue to try to keep me down. Time and again, I fight and on occasion, succeed and realize my personal freedom, no longer held back by past mistakes.

Then there is the fact that it falls just after the halfway mark of the year. Do you remember those New Year's goals you set? What a great time to stop and re-evaluate. I've set some pretty high goals this year. There have to be a few changes made if I'm going to make it. Do I change the goals? Is there something in the process I can change?

For the record, the soundtrack to Hamilton is the perfect background for a day like this. Independence and success despite failures. All day long.

How do you celebrate today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor