It's Not a Party Without Paula

Saturday, March 24, 2018

It's my birthday week. Which is an even bigger deal than birthday month. It has been such a great week, too. On the actual day of my birthday, a group of friends and I went to a restaurant in Salt Lake called Prohibition. You walk in the door to a small room with odds and ends similar to a pawn shop. After showing ID, you go through the bookcase to the bar/restaurant that had a live band and swing dancing and even showed silent movies. Paula blended in quite well with all the noise.

On Friday (because weekends are better and you get more people), we went to an Italian place called Buca di Beppos. One of my favorites for the eclectic decorations and great atmosphere, not to mention awesome food. It had been a fairly mild day with tics, so I didn't think much of it as we sat down to dinner. We had half of the party room while another group had the other half.

But it just wouldn't be a party without Paula. She made a lovely appearance about halfway through the party. Half of the room was very confused. Some of the poor faces I saw. Sometimes I think I should be a little bit more considerate and explain what is going on, but at the same time I was entertaining a group of people for a birthday party.

And what better way to entertain than to invite Paula...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor