Poor Newbie...

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Paula can be a brat sometimes. Apparently, so can I!

On occasion, I help train at work, so I get to be one of the first ones to meet new hires. And no one thinks to warn them ever. Today I trained a sweet and smart girl, who picked up on everything really quickly. Paula must have been proud of her, because she kept cheering her on from time to time... I stepped away from my desk for a minute, and when I came back had a message from her cousin, who also works here.

She asked if I was training her cousin, to which I replied I was. After the new girl went to lunch, I told my friend that her cousin is awesome and it must run in the family. She then proceeded to tell me about a few text messages that were exchanged while I had stepped away from a minute.

Apparently this poor new girl thought I was yelling at her and asking what she was doing wrong. She felt better after my friend was able to interpret for her what was going on and explain a little about the fact that I have Tourette Syndrome.

I didn't even think about it that way until my friend told me what was going on. We had a good giggle and I asked her to apologize for me. I didn't mean to make her feel bad on her first day. Guess I better start warning people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor