Run Away

Sunday, August 7, 2016

So this is not a Paula post. Sure, Paula tends to just run off, and she does it often. This time, however, it's my turn! I'm taking a week long vacation to finalize things with my book and just relax with my family. I love going home and love my family. I'm super excited to play with nephews and do some swimming. However, I still have lots of work to do!

How does one determine how much work to do on a vacation? hahaha It's a good thing I like writing so much and am so excited for my book to come out, I don't think I really consider it work. I'm so grateful to have something I love so much that I can make a career out of. Being able to write just makes me so happy, I've done it most of my life anyways. I've kept journals since I was about eight years old.

Being home makes me realize just how long the written word has been a part of me. Speaking with my old friends and neighbors and discussing how I was always reading and the many, many hours of "practice" I have put into this. I feel like I have come around full circle. I have come home, I'm writing as I used to when I was a kid (and really pretty much since) and my childhood in a way becoming my future. Sometimes, it's good to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor