Life Changes

Monday, June 19, 2023

 Life can be funny sometimes. Not only funny, but circular in a lot of ways.

After college, I started working full time and would blog and write my book after work, or early in the morning if I was feeling particularly ambitious.

There were a few periods of time where I would quit working full time so I could work part time (still gotta pay bills) and work more on my books and growing as a business owner. 

I got to a point where I have been able to stay just part time for several years now. I haven't worked a full time job since 2020. 

It's been great. I have loved so much about the growth I've been able to experience. 

However, I have discovered that I don't really want a full time business. I don't want to be some kind of book coach. Or create online courses. Or any other things that coaches say you should do to make money.

Honestly, I just want to write and tell stories. 

These other endeavors were taking up so much more time than any job ever could.

And while I love working part time and writing on the side, it just doesn't pull in enough funding. 

So I've made the decision to go back to full time work. 

Not just for me, but for the family I want to create with my husband. 

The only part that I'm a bit worried about is the time. It does mean less time writing. Especially since I'm no longer single and doing whatever I want, whenever I want. 

My time is going to have to be much more organized. 

I still want to come to my office every day. I still want to make sure I'm posting more consistently here. Just know, if I disappear, I'll be back.

I'll always come back. I can't stay away from something that I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor