Paula's Full Name...

Friday, March 25, 2016

So I'm writing a book, right? I wrote a post last year in September about making Paula a co-author. I've since decided it would be more fun to simply publish under a pen name. Paula would be the pen name of course, but I don't have a full name for her. It's been harder than I thought trying to come up with a full name for this crazy personality known as my Tourette Syndrome.

She already has a full personality, and I have to find a full name to match! Addy suggested Paula Jenkins... but it didn't fell quite right, as nice as it sounded. I have put a lot of time and ideas into this, so this is ever present in my mind. Today at work, we had a "soul-food" potluck. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, pie, mac n cheese and all sorts of goodness. Leading up to the potluck, Addy and I were coordinating who should bring what. "Anything fried and/or covered in butter!" The comment on butter got us talking about none other than Paula Deen.

Well, at the mention of the name Paula, of course my Paula would appear. This made Addy a little tongue tied as she tried to chastise my Paula. However, saying her full name, it came out Paula Jean. Deen + Jenkins = Jean. I liked it. As did Addy! I had also been toying with the idea of putting a family name in there somewhere. I have lately been doing a lot of family history on my Italian side and am currently obsessed with all things Italy related. The only Italian family name I can find is Tagliaferri. (Tahleeuhfehrree) I promise it's pretty. Ask me when you see me. Might be a bit complicated. However, when my great-grandfather came through Ellis Island, he changed it to Ferri.

Paula Jean Ferri.
Paula Jean Tagliaferri.

The second option (when said correctly) is simply beautiful! The first option is more simple... This is not an instance when I can choose my default answer of both. Tell me your favorite and help me decide!!

2 comments:

  1. I love them both, assuming I trust you on the pronunciation of the Italian haha. However the first one is much easier to recognize and pronounce. Maybe you could rewrite the native Italian surname in the second option to be more easily read by the general population? Then everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, assuming I trust you on the pronunciation of the Italian haha. However the first one is much easier to recognize and pronounce. Maybe you could rewrite the native Italian surname in the second option to be more easily read by the general population? Then everybody wins!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by boots by the backdoor