Well That's New

Monday, November 7, 2016

So today I heard something I have never heard before regarding my Tourette Syndrome. This is saying a lot considering all my crazy stories. There is a relatively new guy at work. He's been around for a month or two, but I am just getting to know him. As all new friends do, he started asking questions about my Tourette Syndrome. This alone makes my day. I love being able to explain and help people understand.

During the conversation, however, a new question came up. I have heard all sorts of crazy questions (including the ever awkward, "Do you do it when making out?" Sorry, not the best pick up line there, sir) but Jackson made me giggle before he even finished the question. He knows I am LDS and hold to my beliefs. He asked me, "Do you think that with your standards, it's given you such a strong will and your heart is so pure (this is where I started to giggle) that may be the reason you don't have the swearing form of Tourette's?"

That was so sweet of him to think I am that good of a person, but I am human. Psst, come closer. In fact, I have sworn on occasion and NOT because of my Tourette's! *Gasp!* Nope, I'm just lucky that I got the cute little noises rather than the swearing form. Although, Paula does get me in trouble from time to time, and the way she is evolving, who knows what she is capable of. It might happen one day. Then I will have even more interesting stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor