Snapshot

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I made another new friend yesterday. Paula is really great at this whole meeting people thing. She gets excited when there are new people around. I met him first, we were sitting at the same table with mutual friends. I don't know how long we were visiting before Paula decided to show up, but show up she did!

This is the hard part about being a writer with Tourette Syndrome. I wish sometimes I was a photographer or a musician that had things on hand to record these types of stories. Sometimes I wish you could just hear some of the crazy sounds she makes. Others I wish you could see the great faces people make. I may be a writer, but descriptions are hard. This would be one of those stories that I needed a camera.

My new friend David gave me this look. Looks, actually. I got multiple reactions and it was wonderful. Totally made my day. I'll do my best to 'splain. (I've been watching I Love Lucy reruns) He squinted his eyes and his head dipped, looking at me with concern. Then when Paula went off again before I even had a chance to giggle at his reaction.

This time, his eyes flew open and his head popped up, with a few looks side to side. What I imagine him thinking at this point, "What on earth is going on? Why is she screaming? Nothing's wrong? Why are people laughing at this? Is she ok? She has to be crazy." It took me a minute to catch my breath (from giggling, not Paula) before I was able to explain to him what was going on. David took it in stride once he knew and continued with dinner. Good times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor