Long Time No See!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Sometimes it's nice to know that people actually like me just as much as they like Paula and that I can be just as memorable, even on my own. Its kind of validating, you know? Sometimes it gets hard to distinguish. After all, we tend to run together fairly often... This is so often how I meet people, this is something that is often discussed in conversation. Sometimes, I do wonder if Paula is more popular than I am.

Here is how I can tell people actually like me, despite being so well known for my tics. This occurrence has happened more than once, but it's slightly different every time. And every time I smile.

Once when I was a missionary, we had a meeting where we were all spotlighted with something special about us that everyone loved. When it was my turn, the leader said, "OK, everyone, what's our favorite thing about Hermana Smith?" At which point, everyone let out a loud squeal. Paula. They loved Paula.

However, as I go to mission reunions and run into these same missionaries, they are excited to see me. We start reminiscing about old times and catching up on each other's lives, when Paula (who at this point is not getting ANY attention-which is apparently a problem) gives a loud scream in protest. At this point in the conversation, my mission friends say, "OH! I forgot you did that!"

Jessica: 1 Paula: 0

Take that, you attention hog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor