Out to Lunch

Friday, December 16, 2016

Paula really likes attention, but sometimes, we can't all have what we want. I don't think she believes it though. Paula seems to know how to get attention really well. I was lucky enough to be chosen for a lunch recognition at work. It's nice knowing I did something good... Paula was excited for me, too, I think. That or she was having a diva moment. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

So there I am with a large group of people from work at a public restaurant. Mimi's Cafe, to be exact. Paula lets out a nice loud cheer for me... and no one at the table bats an eye. Conversations continue, jokes are shared, no one even looks my way. Take that, Paula. No attention for you today! Oh wait, there is an entire restaurant full of very confused people.

Suddenly I see other people at other tables looking our way with the funniest confused looks. Some whisper. The waiters buzzing around are trying to be polite, but are also stealing glances any chance they get to find out what is with the strange noises. Paula wins, yet again. She is good at what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor