Sirens

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

As alluring as Paula is, I'm not talking about the mythical creature. She on occasion sounds like an actual siren like you would hear on an ambulance or police car. You know the ones you move out of the way for because you can hear them, but can't always see them. Not only does Paula imitate the noise, but apparently the overall feeling as well.

At work today, I left for my break. However, as I started to turn around the end of my row, the team on the next side were blocking the exit having a meeting. I had not yet seen this when Paula let out a nice loud siren.

So I come around the corner to see the crowd, slowly parting. A few didn't see me coming, so the cry came, "You are supposed to move when the sirens go off!" The path was suddenly clear as I ran to my break. I have some very important reading to do, you know. I don't have time to swim through a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor