Cat Called

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

I guess with Paula growing up I should have expected it sooner or later. Most women get it at some point in their lives. I'm not catcalled often, but it certainly has happened. I'm not particularly a fan of it, but I did rather enjoy watching it happen to Paula. I also quite loved her reaction.

Here's the thing. Paula can't exactly be catcalled the same way others can. I mean, she's mostly just a noise. If I hadn't experienced it today, I don't think I would have thought it was possible.

Today Paula was quite active. She was having her conversations with Adelana again, she was singing up a storm and quite likely terrifying the new guy at work. (Don't worry, we told him. He still jumped.) Sometimes when she was singing, Kimber would whistle a response. Paula would then chirp back. These conversations were hilarious.

Well, after a while, Paula grew silent. I was enjoying a much-needed break from all the ruckus when I hear some whistling coming from Kimber. She did it a couple of times before Paula came out of hiding. This gave everyone a good laugh. It seriously sounded like she was being catcalled and she really showed up in response.

Who would have thought she was so easily provoked?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor