Homesickness

Friday, September 8, 2017

Once upon a time, I used to live in Hawaii. I was there for about 5 years and I miss it terribly. I do love Salt Lake City, but it's not Hawaii. Anything related to the islands can instantly take me back and makes me so happy. Take for example, the luau I attended today. It was an end of summer party, but they went full out and it was legit.

They roasted a pig, they had Polynesian dancers, and they had GUAVA CAKE! I about died of happiness! I was so tempted to jump up and dance several of the numbers with the performers, but I did at least let out a few loud "CHEEE HOO's!" in support. In fact, so did Paula. She misses it as much as I do. It's like her people were calling to her and she simply responded.

It's good to know Paula and I agree on at least a few things. Anything island-y being on that (short) list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor