Whispers

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Paula doesn't whisper. Then again, this post really isn't about Paula. Not directly, anyways. A few weeks ago I was sitting in church. The building was incredibly quiet and the atmosphere pensive. Paula, doing her usual attention grabbing thing, jumped out. Not just once, a few times and nice and loud. My favorite part was the whispers that followed.

"She has Tourette Syndrome." "It's Tourette's." "Oh, that happens, her Tourette Syndrome is great!"

I'm sure there were more conversations that followed. If not, there might have been more research. I love the awareness that Paula spreads for herself. Best of all, that due to awareness she has already spread, others now get to help in this endeavor and can now answer questions. If they don't know the answer, the know where to to get it.

It's funny, I have heard people with Tourette Syndrome say that the worst part about TS, is the people that don't have it. However, I'm kind of a fan of my ability to be different and share and sometimes, even educate others on what it is and how it affects me.

These whispers bring joy to my heart that others can do the same. Share the love, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor