Paula Takes Care of Me

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't see things better than I do. It's not hard, I've had glasses since I was in 5th grade. Except I don't mean that kind of seeing. She recognizes patterns in my life and helps me to see what is going on. Sometimes a little better than I can. It's kind of nice having a gauge of what is going on internally when I am not paying attention.

I am a big advocate of mental health, especially given some of the things I have experienced in my life. I have been very blessed to have such wonderful people help me to regain my footing and get back into stable territory. Those experiences have been slightly traumatic though, and very easy to see when things are going wrong and that I need help. Who wouldn't have a hard time breaking off an engagement for example? Even if you haven't broken off an engagement, life still gets stressful. Stress greatly affects our mental health and it needs to be taken care of and watched just as much as our physical health.

Lucky me, I have a stress-o-meter. When I get stressed and need to take a step back, I usually would try to plow through and get things done anyways. Paula won't stand for it. She cares about me apparently and when I get stressed, tics increase, making it necessary for me to stop and take that step back I mentioned I never take. It will either be by the pain caused from physically ticcing so much, so she might physically not let me touch the mouse at work. (She did this the other day. The keyboard was ok, but no mouse!) I certainly appreciate her thoughtfulness and consideration of my mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor