Paula Can Be Embarrassing...

Friday, January 22, 2016

I do love Paula. I really do. Sometimes, however, she can get me in to a bit of trouble. Like today at work... I got a few giggles from my co-workers. I'm glad they still think it is adorable!

First some background. Tourette Syndrome has no rhythm or pattern to when tics come. While they aren't something that can fully be stopped, if there is enough focus, they can be controlled for a time. This can only happen for so long before every single tic that was held back comes out overflowing in all it's glory. It's like holding back a small cough. You can stop it for a while, but be prepared to cough up a lung later.

I do not often try to hold Paula back. I just let her go and do her thing. Which means I don't try to stop or control any noise that comes out of my mouth... even when that noise isn't Paula. We had a potluck at work today, with lots of amazing food! After I had devoured my plate, I thought Paula was going to pay a visit. She likes showing up at work. Lots of attention from co-workers who love her! However, what came out of my mouth was not Paula... and I am sure I turned 100 shades of red! I am not one to burp often. It is really rare that I do it at all, and I have always tried to show some manners by covering it when I do. Today was an exception I guess... Tricky Paula!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Nice I can imagine the look on your face. :(⌒─⌒) :
    .((;゙゚'ω゚')):
    :/ つとl :
    :しー-J

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by boots by the backdoor