Paula is a Copy... Parrot?

Friday, January 15, 2016


Oh Paula. Remember when you were five years old and you thought it would be fun to say everything your mom said? Maybe it was a friend? I guess Paula doesn't age, and her echos have expanded from more than just people. She echoes our machine to punch in at work fairly often. The other day she echoed an ambulance driving past. One of my favorite echos was actually a dying fire alarm. Let me throw back a while to explain why.

This is how I picture Paco

When I was in High School, I had a friend on the yearbook staff. My friend, Nia and I would get a little weird on occasion. I have always admired the energy and excitement this girl has for life. She is doing great things and I admire her so much! One day, we were in the yearbook room, and there was a beeping noise that was unfamiliar to me. Nia told me it was just Paco. He was the "parrot" that lived in the room. Apparently the batteries in the fire alarm died more quickly in that room than any others. Paco was almost always in there and almost never anywhere else.

Fast forward back to now. On occasion, Paula sounds like Paco. I can't tell if she missed Paco, or is trying to become a parrot herself. One day, I want to own my own parrot, just to see who imitates who. I will probably name him Paco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor