Paula is Friendly

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Remember how Paula likes attention? She usually gets her share of it when making new friends. However, sometimes she likes to introduce herself at... interesting times.

At church today, the speakers were members of the new bishopric. Brother Hardin spoke first. I think I may have shaken his hand once, but haven't spent a great deal of time with him at all yet. Despite being on the back row while he was speaking, Paula decided to introduce herself. He stopped speaking for a moment, looking around. After a while, he said, "ok..." and continued with his lesson.

No one else had much of a reaction. They have all been around Paula for several months or even years. I did get a fist bump from the guy sitting next to me. Richard gave me points for pausing the sermon. Not everyone has that kind of talent, you know.

Paula introduced herself to Brother Collier as well. He, on the other hand, had the chance to chat with me before hand, and in our discussion, my book and blog and Paula came up. He knew what was going on, so he just kept speaking. I did catch a glimpse of Brother Hardin on the stand still wondering what was going on though.

After the meeting, Brother Hardin came up and gave me a hug, and apologized, saying he just learned about my condition. We had a nice little laugh over it. He had thought there was a baby in the audience. Which wouldn't make much sense, considering my congregation are all young single adults. I would have been confused if I were him as well!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I miss attending church with you and Paula! :) Definitely 50 points for stopping the sermon. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by boots by the backdoor