Paula Steals the Show

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whelp, she did it again.

So I have recently auditioned to be a part of a musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and get to play one of Jacob's wives. Tonight was my first rehearsal I was able to attend. I can't even tell you how good it felt to be singing in a group again! Paula was apparently excited as well. Either that or she was upset that I wasn't playing the part of a narrator. There is normally only one narrator, but there happen to be five in our particular performance. Not gonna lie, if I could have chosen a part, that would have been it.

Once we gathered everyone together (having been sectioned off before), we were singing the opening number about Jacob and his sons. Paula, being her bratty self, jumped in and sang along with the narrators. Louder than all five, I might add. While I have several friends in the room with me, a majority had no idea what was going on. Watching the confusion and a few stink eyes thrown my way, I doubled over with laughter, which only made things more confusing and got a few more stink eyes.

After we stopped singing, I got the attention of the person in charge and asked for a minute or two. I had spoken with her earlier, so she knew what was going on, and gladly gave me the floor. I made sure to let the narrators know I wasn't trying to steal their thunder, it was just so well-timed! I also told the crew to please ask any questions they had. I am SO excited to be a part of this group and this musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor