Whoopsie!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

So I work a shift in the Salt Lake City Temple. I love this place. It is so incredibly peaceful and I love the occasions where I get to sit in silence and think. The hazard is that while I have occasions of silence, I am never fully alone. Paula decided to make her boldest appearance in the temple.

Normally she is quite respectful in the temple. It is a sacred place. In the cafeteria, however, she appears to have gotten a little carried away. Paula made a nice loud appearance tonight. She also happened to make it when my stake president walked through the door. After Paula's shouts of joy, I said hello to him. A respected leader in the church, leaned around the corner and said, "Please remember where you are."

I informed him that I had Tourette Syndrome and he instantly apologized. I love that this gentleman was instantly worried about offending me and making sure that I still felt loved after the incident. He told me, "That's great. Well, not great that you have Tourette Synndrome, but great that you let me know!" I simply laughed and said, "Really? I think it's quite great!"

He has a medical background, so he let me know that he knows what it is and that he understood, so we got to skip the medical discussion. He was so sweet about the whole thing, even putting his arms around me in a great hug. I understood when he didn't want his name to be used in the blog, but he was more than willing to let me share the story.

I'm not normally one to get chastised very often, let alone by a leader in such a reverent place! At least there is yet another advantage of having Paula around, I get to rub elbows with some pretty important people!

1 comment:

 
site design by boots by the backdoor