New Friends

Saturday, March 12, 2016

One of my favorite things about Paula is her ability to help me make new friends. Sometimes, I do manage to make new friends on my own though. When they finally meet Paula, it is always an entertaining experience. I met my friend Williamson at church. He is originally from Haiti and is one of the sweetest people I know.

We were at a church function and while we were chatting, Paula decided to show up. Williamson's jaw dropped. Still smiling, he just stared for a bit, not quite sure what to do or say. I wish I knew what had been going on in his mind. When he finally spoke, he asked me to do it again! I got a good giggle out of that and explained that it wasn't something I could do. It doesn't sound the same when I try.

We were in a group and the conversation continued, since everyone else knew what was going on, so I didn't really get a chance to explain to him about Tourette Syndrome and what it is. He did learn that I have Tourette Syndrome, but I don't know how much he knows about it or what it means... He survived the earthquake in Haiti in 2010, I am pretty sure he can survive Paula's antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor