Paula is the Extrovert

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I have been reading a great book lately about being an introvert. I am an ambivert, but I am pretty sure at this point that Paula is the extrovert and I am the introvert. I am a writer and a reading and I love people watching. I was always a shy, quiet kid who never interacted much with my peers.

When I got to high school, like most teenagers, popularity suddenly became important. The older I got, the more I loved being around people and I suddenly could pass as an extrovert. However, every once in a great while, I need a retreat. I need to hide from people, as much as I love them. I am almost exactly half and half of both these worlds.

I find it interesting that around the time I started making attempts to pass as an extrovert is about the time Paula came into my life. She certainly loves being the center of attention and is really good at getting that attention. 

On the other hand, after spending all day talking to people at work, talking on the phone to contractors, going to rehearsals for the musical I am in, my weekends tend to be gloriously empty and I pretty much don't even leave the house if I can help it. I need to recharge and have some time for me to think and ponder and to allow the introvert in me to recover. She certainly brings a sense of balance to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor