Old Friends, New Noise

Saturday, April 9, 2016

I went to the wedding of one of my first college roommates from my Snow College days. Back in those days, my Tourette Syndrome was undiagnosed and had not evolved to the present state of noise that currently exists. So, at this shindig, there was a sort of mini reunion going on. Chelsie's wedding brought Kendra down for a visit as well. Kendra is now married and has an adorable and happy 5 month old girl. We got to catch up a lot as Chelsie had her big day.

Back at good ol' Snow College!
During the luncheon, Paula just would do her thing. It was a fairly mild day, as far as the type of sounds she made, though they were often. Back at Snow, they were not that frequent, so this was new to my former roommates. There were several people who came over to our table after telling Kendra how much they loved having the sound of a little baby during the luncheon. Kendra couldn't help but laugh, as her little daughter had slept through most of it. There were no baby noises. It was all Paula. Large portions of my catch up time was talking about my Tourette Syndrome. In the passing years since our little roommate escapades, I had received a diagnosis and learned a lot about myself through that diagnosis. I am still amazed at how many people still do not know I have it, despite receiving a diagnosis 6 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor