Stink Eye

Monday, May 30, 2016

No, this is not a new tic, thank heavens! New things do happen, though. For example, sometimes I go new places, where no one knows me, or about Paula. The reactions are always so very different. Some fun, others not so fun, depending on how much I am able to explain or interact with the other person. On occasion, I am in situations where I am unable to explain or play with Paula. Times like this, I get a lot of stink eye.

For example, going to church in a new place. Once I was sitting behind an entire row of girls, and during the most quiet part of the meeting, Paula decided not to be so quiet. The whole row jumped. It was difficult trying to stiffle my giggle. All four or five of them jumped at least a foot up and all perfectly together. I managed to stay quiet, but when they all again, in perfect unison, turned to glare at me, I couldn't keep it in. I let out a few chuckles, which I'm sure didn't help their view of me. Lucky for me that I never saw them again I guess!

Not really, I would have liked to explain and make new friends. Paula is good at doing that for me. I'm not sure how much of it is them feeling guilty for judging me so quickly vs actually wanting to be my friend, but either way good things happen. Whether it's just awareness or an actual friendship. Either way is a blessing in my life and I'm grateful for the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor