Where Is She?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Paula is certainly a playful sort. Hence the reason she is so good with kids. It does depend on the game, though. Some games she has good skills. Others, she is downright terrible and she takes me down with her every time. I had to give up on either my perfectionism/competitiveness or give up the games. Usually, I will give up on the game. Other times, that isn't as easy as it seems.

I gave up on hide and seek a long time ago. Paula is found every time. Her noises pop up and I'm a goner. Who knew Tourette Syndrome had a bad side? I will not hide during this game. It's pointless and my competitive side knows I won't win.

Paula, however, is not as competitive and gets a giggle from getting found. Sneaky Paula managed to still play hide and seek this week. She put a twist on it, though.

It was once again the filled Assembly Hall for a church gathering. I was not in the choir seats this time. I was in the audience, and Paula let out a little peep. It wasn't very loud and didn't get much notice or reaction. Five minutes later, I got a message... "We just played Where's Waldo to find you. And we did!" My friends who were in the choir seats had the biggest grins on their faces. Krystle, Laurel, Will and Andrew have much better hearing and eyesight than I do. I was thoroughly impressed by their skill, by Paula's conniving way to play games at all times and by my inability to win at this game. Good thing their smiles were so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor