MTC Throwback!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

I figured I would give this Throwback Thursday idea a try! Paula started loving attention around the time I went into the Missionary Training Center back in 2007. She started becoming much louder than she had before. In fact, it became a game for her, as well as those in my class learning Spanish as we went to various locations. She has quite the range! The MTC in Provo can accommodate up to 3,800 missionaries (at least that is the current number. It might have been less back in the day!) On Tuesday nights, there was a devotional and we would put as many as would fit in one large room to hear the speaker. My companion and I were a little late and were on the very back row. Paula got a nice loud screech out before the meeting started and we watched the rest of our class (on about the fifth row) whirl around in their seats searching for me!

It was there I also received the first nickname regarding my TS. One day as I was teaching a lesson, my teacher at the time forgot my name. I was still pretty new, so it is understandable. So for her notes, she wrote at the top of the page where it should have had my name, "Hermana Hipo." The Spanish translation is "Sister Hiccup." At the time I was undiagnosed, so it was the closest description we really had! Good times back in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by boots by the backdoor